My Fangirl Chronicles would be happy to help promote upcoming/previously released books with cover reveals, honest book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, etc. However, I kindly ask that you read and abide by my policies before sending me your inquiry.
- I prefer physical copies (ARCs and finished copies), but also accept e-ARCs (Kindle formatting only!) if I requested the book myself.
- I do not review self-published books.
- I will never sell ARCs graciously given to me.
- Due to my time limitations and volume of requests, I will only respond to review requests on books I am interested in. This also includes books that are within my preferred genres.
- Inquiries that do not follow my policies (including inquiries for books outside my preferred genres listed below) will be ignored and deleted without notice.
- Please send all your inquiries to myfangirlchronicles @ gmail (dot) com, or fill out the contact form on my Contact Me page.
I only read Young Adult fiction books in the following genres:
- Sports Romance
- Steampunk (very selective on this one)
- Historical Fiction (very selective on this one)
I also occasionally read Adult Romance novels.
Under no circumstances will I consider anything outside my preferences.
Please be advised that if I do agree to read your book, that does not guarantee you a review.
I reserve the right to give my honest opinion on all books that I review and always express how the book made me feel. Most books I choose to read are books that I enjoy or believe I will enjoy. In my reviews, I always try to mention aspects of the book I liked and things I did not, then give a brief explanation why. I mention my impressions of the plot, characters, and overall thoughts on the book or series. I will never post nasty or unkind comments about the author.
I reserve the right to shelf a book as DNF (did not finish) if it did not work out for me, even if I have already accepted the request to read it. Books shelved under DNF will not receive any star rating, if I read less than half of it.
As per my new review policy established in 2016, I will no longer post spoilers in my reviews. Old reviews may still contain minor spoilers, but have warnings.
I will do my best to post reviews in a timely manner, but please be aware that I am very busy and doing all of this on my free time, so I may not be able to follow release dates. If there is a certain time frame or date you would like the review to be posted, I would like to have at least 1 – 2 months in advance to read and review the book. If you would like for me to read a book that is in the middle of a series, I would be happy to, but require the previous books in that series as I will not read them out of order.
I post reviews on My Fangirl Chronicles, and cross-post on Goodreads and Amazon. If there is any additional website you would like for me to post, please let me know and I will gladly accommodate your request.
All my reviews include the following:
- Cover art
- Book stats: title, author, page count, genre
- Links to the book
- My review (with trigger warnings, if warranted)
- Star rating (out of 5)
- Author bio with contact links
★★★★★ – It was amazing and I loved it. The book left an impression on me and I felt so much by the end of it. I may have given it a hug. Highly recommended!
★★★★☆ – I loved the book and really enjoyed reading it. There was one prominent issue or several minor ones that prevented me from giving it a 5 star rating, but would still recommend it nonetheless.
★★★☆☆ – The book was good, but I may have issues with it or didn’t connect with any of the characters. I may have felt conflicted with giving it a higher or lower rating, but felt that the book was enjoyable and entertaining enough to get 3 stars. Probably recommend.
★★☆☆☆ – Didn’t really enjoy reading it but at least I finished? Very few redeeming qualities of the book and I found it difficult to find many aspects of the story, characters, etc. that I liked. Probably do not recommend.
★☆☆☆☆ – Wasted my time reading it; time I wish I could get back. Absolutely disliked the book and could not find any redeeming qualities. Do not recommend at all.
☆☆☆☆☆ – I do not rate books I have DNF’d.
For anything else not covered here, please contact me and we can discuss it.
Thank you for visiting My Fangirl Chronicles and for considering me to review your book! I look forward to working with you!